By: Aedan Sara O’Connor
1. The modern State of Israel was founded as the Jewish homeland in 1948.
2. But her history as the land of the Jewish people dates back thousands of years.
3. Israel is a safe haven for persecuted religious minorities like Druze…
4. Baha’i, where their holiest site is located…
5. Ahmadi Muslims…
6. and persecuted Middle Eastern Christian Minorities.
7. Israel is the gay capital of the Middle East.
8. Israel even hosts a transgender Miss Israel Beauty Pageant.
9. Israel was the first country to ban underweight models.
10. Israeli Prime Minister Golde Meir was elected in 1969, the third woman to lead a country.
11. Israel has 137 official beaches.
12. Israel’s two official languages are Hebrew and Arabic.
13. 17/120 Knesset (government) seats are held by Arabs.
14. An Israeli company has developed the world’s first jellyfish repellent.
15. The pill cam, which can show the gastrointestinal tract, was developed in Israel.
16. Cherry Tomatoes were invented in Israel.
17. Israeli Stem Cell Technology made heart tissue regeneration possible.
18. Rewalk, which allows paraplegics to stand upright, was invented in Israel.
19. And the USB…
20. And the Epilady…
21. And Bamba, which when fed to babies, lowers their chances of allergies…
22. And Watergen, which turns air into water, and could alleviate water shortages…
23. And Sabich…
24. And Waze, which helps you find the shortest route to your destination.
25. The Dead Sea in Israel is the lowest place on earth.
26. And the salt concentration is so high that people cannot sink in it.
27. And the mud from it is very good for your skin.
28. The Sea of Galilee, located in the North of Israel, is the lowest freshwater lake.
29. It is where Christians believe that Jesus walked on water.
30. Bethlehem, where Jesus was born, is located in Israel.
31. The Israeli city Beersheba has the highest number of chess grandmasters per capita.
32. The city of Eilat, south of the Negev, is tax free.
33. Daily Meal ranked Tel Aviv the #1 Best City for Vegans.
34. Tel Aviv rivals Silicon valley for the number of startups.
35. A Holocaust survivor, and the former oldest man, Yisrael Kristal lived in Haifa.
36. All three Abrahamic religions claim Jerusalem is holy.
37. The Temple Mount is the holiest site in Judaism.
38. It was where Adam (the first man) was created…
39. Where the first Jew’s, Abraham’s son Isaac was bound, showing reverence for G-d…
40. It was where the Ten Commandments were stored and Jews face it when we pray…
41. It was the site of the first and second temple and will be of the third when it is time.
42. The Church of the Holy Sepulchre, in Jerusalem is where Jesus was crucified.
43. Al Aqsa mosque is purported to be the third holiest site in Islam, where they claim Mohammed was transported to Mecca.
44. Israel has ensured that each religion can access their holy sites.
45. Israel was a safe haven for Holocaust survivors.
46. There is documented evidence they sung Hatikva (the hope) in concentration camps.
47. 6 million did not survive, but survivors later sung it as the Israeli National Anthem.
48. Israel served as a safe haven for middle eastern Jews forced to flee their countries.
49. Israel assisted in two immigration waves of Ethiopian Jews in 1984 and 1991.
50. Israel is the only country that revived an unspoken language as its national tongue.
51. Israel is one of two countries that began the 21st century with a net gain of trees.
52. An Israeli two-flush system saves Americans billions of gallons of water per year.
53. Over 90% of Israeli homes use solar power to heat water.
54. Mount of Olives in Jerusalem is the world’s oldest continuously used cemetery.
55. Per capita, Israel has the highest number of university degrees…
56. And scientific papers…
57. And museums.
58. According to me, Israel has the best Hummus…
59. And Shakshuka…
60. And Falafel…
61. And Israeli Salad…
62. And Arak.
63. Israel developed the Iron Dome to protect its citizens from rocket fire and missiles.
64. The city of Sderot only has 15 seconds to run to bomb shelters from the missiles.
65. Israel gave up the Sinai Peninsula to make peace with Egypt…
66. And water resources to make peace with Jordan.
67. Israel has tried several peace treaties with Palestinians but was met with Intifadas.
68. The Israeli Defence Forces is regarded by experts as the world’s most moral and ethical army.
69. Jerusalem is in the Torah 850 times and will soon be home to an American Embassy.
70. Because after over 2000 years of yearning for Eretz Yisrael we are finally home!
70 looks good on you, Happy Birthday Israel!
Aedan Sara O’Connor is the founder and CEO of Dame Right. While she is an American patriot, she was born and raised in Toronto, Canada. An avid political junkie and nerd, she created Dame Right when she saw a void to be filled in feminine conservative media. Her previous work has been featured in Daily Wire, The National Post, Rebel Media, Toronto Sun and Jerusalem Post.